01 July 2006

Might Be Sunshine Might Be Purple Rain


Mystery color number one

Well, I made it back to the garden centre that had the mystery colored coneflowers and was able to get a picture of the white flower. It's not that I find it to be an ugly color. It is just that I don't have a spot I want white coneflowers to be.

They package the flower as Sunshine with a yellowish hue to the petals. But that doesn't make it any more purple in any way... hope it rains.

Without this blog turning out to be a garden blog (not what I have in mind, just on it), I purchased 16 asianic lily flowers from HD yesterday for $2.88 a pot (8 yellow and 8 pink). The store had geraniums for that same price but I find them to be a bit messy and they have a smell that gets on your hands which I am not a big fan of. But they have this small tree ($29) which flowers pink in the spring and it's leaves turn purplish. I sort of want to get two of these for the front porch area and plant the 16 lilies around the two trees.

2 comments:

maranatha95 said...

IT sounds beautiful dear! But aren't those trees on for 15$ each? We'll have to get eavestrofing to protect them from the front veranda rain.

kingmedia said...

$29 was the price for an older tree and $15 for a younger tree. We've got umbrellas for the trees anyway if we need it. And there are these flaming trees too... but then you already knew that.